We are searching for an experienced Senior Consultant
This role could be based in any of our 35 UK RSM offices.
Do you want to help 'make a difference'? Do you want to help the public sector make policies, evaluate programmes and work out how to make changes for the better?
RSM’s Economics Consulting are a 30-strong team of economists, evaluation experts, and social policy researchers working mainly for public sector clients. We research, evaluate, analyse and make recommendations to help improve the effectiveness of public policy and practice. Recent projects have included:
- Evaluations of pilot NHS programmes to improve patient care and achieve cost savings for the NHS
- A study into what affects house-building rates in England
- Research into the commercialisation of intellectual property produced in the university sector
- Cluster analysis in the cyber-security industry
We are a growing team and this presents exciting career opportunities for Senior Consultants/Managers with research/consulting expertise across a range of areas including programme/policy evaluation and quantitative/qualitative research.
Sector experience is welcome and could come from one or more of the following areas: Housing, Health, Social Welfare, Regeneration, Skills and Innovation.
- Take ownership of a full programme of work with clients producing reports with limited input from senior colleagues
- Manage research including desk, qualitative and quantitative work
- Prepare quality proposal responses in line with tender specifications in a timely and robust manner
- Deliver work on time, to quality and cost
- Work with colleagues to devise and implement a business development plan, making best use of RSM marketing and business development resources, in order to raise awareness of RSM’s services
- Work with colleagues across the Consulting team to identify further opportunities for growth and support the implementation of those agreed
- Mentor, coach and possibly line-manage junior staff as required, seeking to support the team and learning ethos that currently exists
- Deputise for your line manager
What we look for
We’re looking for enthusiastic self-starters with an interest in the world around them and a passion for social policy. People who are organised and quick to grasp new concepts. It’s important you have confidence and are detail-conscious. You’ll need to have an aptitude for analytics as you will often spend time analysing data both quantitatively and qualitatively. You’ll know how to prepare budgets, manage tasks and write reports for clients, so you’ll need excellent written and verbal communication skills. What separates us from our competitors is the analytical acumen we demonstrate and we expect that right from the start from our people.
Finally, you will need to demonstrate that you are interested in a career in research, public policy and consulting.
- A strong academic record with numerical proficiency (preferably a minimum of 2.1 honours degree in economics, social policy or a related subject)
- Previous research/consulting experience including quantitative and qualitative research
- A track record of writing proposals and winning tenders for delivering evaluations/social research and/or data analysis projects
- Experience of working with public sector clients. Experience in the private sector welcome is but not essential
- Excellent spoken and written communication, including experience of presenting complex ideas clearly and concisely to senior client teams
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery of high quality reports
- Excellent project management skills, including project planning and budget management
- Ability to meet deadlines in a client / quality focused environment
- High proficiency in MS Office including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel throughout the UK, e.g.. to client meetings, would be expected as part of this role.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Business Development
- Economic Research
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'