Senior Economic Consultant required for leading economic consutlancy in Paris
Consultant specialising in econometrics, to enhance our econometrics and programming team, as part of our European Competition practice. Having recently advised on numerous high profile European, French and German as well as other national cases including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, cartels, damage quantification, abuse of dominance, vertical and horizontal agreements and state aid.
Responsibilities will include designing and building quantitative models and applying econometric analysis to economic and financial data; reviewing, summarising, and analysing industry trends and competitor and academic research; creating presentation materials; drafting memos and expert reports; managing large data sets and writing programmes to implement complex analyses; and participating in client meetings and conference calls.
On offer are:
- Market leading salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A very steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunities for training such as secondments, office rotations, internal seminars, and conferences
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and contribute from day one
Ideally you will have a masters or PhD in economics and have strong analytical skills and an exceptional academic record from a top tier university. Experience in regression analysis/econometrics is required. A high level of technical ability using MS Office and an ability to use statistical software (for example Stata) is required. Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented, have the ability to think analytically and critically, and have excellent French and English oral and written communications skills.
The ideal candidate would have at least five year's prior economic and/or competition consulting experience. Native level fluency in French is required and additional fluency in European languages would be considered an advantage.