An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Ecommerce team here at Matalan as a Senior Ecommerce Trader. As a Senior Trader you will assist the Ecommerce Trading Manager in the delivery of Ecommerce business trading strategy and strive towards hitting all Ecommerce KPI’s You will take ownership of the Ecommerce Trade planning ensuring all key customer moments are well covered and executed consistently with stores.
- To take ownership and work collaboratively with B&M teams to create the online optimum range to maximise Sales and Profit.
- Analyse department and total Ecommerce performance and understand sales to identify opportunities to optimise and reduce markdown risks.
- Working closely with the Traffic team to explore trading and ranging opportunities both internally and externally constantly review the competition.
- To work closely with the B&M teams to plan online trading activity, range launches and key product themes ensuring they are executed across all channels, co-ordinating and maintaining Digital Trading Calendar
- To work closely with the wider Online Marketing teams to ensure that all creative is up to date and relevant.
- To attend key marketing activity meetings and reflect online.
- Review competitor activity and analysing trends to ensure we are relevant within the marketplace and produce a Monthly summary pack with actionable content.
- Review key lines and best selling product to ensure opportunity is maximised and products have a good visibility throughout the website.
- Work closely with B&M teams and stock placement so ensure Ecomm has the correct forward commitment of stock to hit sales plans
- Manage promotions ensuring they are launched inline with go live dates and present on the site and across all channels if needed.
- Analyse e-commerce KPI metrics to maximise sales opportunities.
- Report on site functionality, system and process issues to the web development team for resolution or development. Monitor and provide a summary of issues until resolved.
- Complete ad-hoc reports and tasks in line with business and department requirements.
- Work closely with the replenishment team communicating site activity plans to ensure sufficient volumes to support.
- Manage and development MT4 colleague working closely to meet KPIs and daily tasks in line with set timelines.
- Deliver measurable improvements to the customer journey. Share results and sales improvements with line manager and team.
- Self motivated, self starter who displays self confidence and initiative
- Good leadership skills
- Planning and Organisational skills – utilising time and prioritising to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to build valuable working relationships
- Comfortable with decision making
- Develops self – taking a proactive approach to learning
- Demonstrates effective team working skills
- Hardworking and flexible attitude to work, time management skills
- Tenacious- retains composure under pressure
- Proactive team member with excellent communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong Commercial awareness
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job