Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with an Omnichannel consultancy focused on accelerating growth for retailers and brands. Working as a Senior Consultant within our Marketing and Ecommerce Trading Services team, the Senior eCommerce Consultant will be both strategic yet able to roll your sleeves up to contribute to our client success.
Playing a key role in building out our 'Ecommerce as a Service’ offer, you will be broad operator in Ecommerce with experience in all aspects. You may have a specialism in one particular area such as Marketing, Trading, Analytics or Technology but you should be able to showcase your experience in working across all areas including Operations, Financial planning and Retail Omnichannel. Ideally you would have experience of managing a P&L or at least involved in commercial planning.
You will play a key role in supporting clients in growing their Ecommerce or Omnichannel revenues. With a team of specialists within the department, you will be able to utilise a range of deep skills across marketing, seo, analytics and UX to identify and improve our client ecommerce offerings.
As Senior eCommerce Consultant you will:
- Provide expertise and be the go-to for any senior Ecommerce support within the business
- Support the Head of Marketing and Trading Services in developing and building the service line through productising, providing thought leadership and building relationships to build business development opportunities
- Be the client lead on multiple projects which require senior Ecommerce support - this will include leading a team of individuals to deliver strong client work and may also involve managing other third party agencies
- Lead client projects which may be related to your skillset where appropriate for the consulting team as and when there is resource availability.
- Understand and can talk confidently to clients about the changing nature of Ecommerce and Omnichannel including digital marketing and Trading
- Work closely with our Insights and Analytics teams to ensure our Ecommerce and Marketing service offering can be closely linked with data and insights
- Support the creation of new business by representing the business within your network - for example, attending relevant Marketing events
- Producing client proposals and costings
- Keep up to date with all industry developments
- Liaise with our international offices to ensure global cooperation on projects
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience;
- Experience working as an Ecommerce Manager or a Head of Ecommerce is required
- Retail experience is required
- Would suit a candidate in a Senior Management role or one who has held various Management positions and is ready for a leadership role.
- Have eCommerce as your background but will also have a passion, and curiosity to expand your field of expertise, and are willing to turn your hand to other projects.
- have a strong trading mentality, used to the Monday morning routine. You use insight regularly to make decisions and are proactive in driving revenue and profit growth. You clearly understand all the levers which can be used to drive growth and can build business cases to justify your ambitions.
- have either managed or performed digital marketing yourself across a range of channels. You understand the role each marketing channel plays in the mix in driving store traffic as well as online sales and have some experience of Attribution.
- are numerate and are comfortable with drilling into data yourself, using a variety of toolsets such as Google Analytics to understand how to improve performance.
- have 8-10+ years’ experience in the world of multichannel or online marketing, and ideally, have worked across international markets. You are at the stage in your career where you are (or believe you can be) the person responsible for pulling together the overall Ecommerce strategy and budget for your business but you are not averse to rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in to optimising small details.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top consultancy agency as a senior team member.
- Strategic Planning
- Client work