Senior Director, Global Technology & Operations
Do you have significant IT management experience paired with a strong knowledge of mainstream and mobile operating systems, including Windows, Linux, VMWare ,CITRIX, Apple iOS & Google Android?
Do you have excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to work on projects in a matrix environment?
Our global IT department is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for Senior Director, Global Technology and Operations, to join us and make a real difference!
This is a global role with responsibility for the day to day running of our technology infrastructure services and the development and execution of a long term-strategy to enable our business objectives.
This position will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise vision, strategy, and the execution of Envigo’s technology infrastructure to host applications and services across the global organisation, which includes maintaining all data centres, compute, storage, local site infrastructure and all other infrastructure appliances, networks and telecommunications infrastructure. The head of Global Technology and Operations is responsible for the efficient and effective running of our IT infrastructure services and will work closely with the Director of IT Security to establish global standards, processes and organisation structures to support the enterprise.
- Provide overall leadership for technology and operations globally and the development of all associated job functions to mitigate IT obsolescence and interoperability risks and apply proactive and preventive approaches
- Provide leadership and oversight of all the infrastructure services and operations including Architecture, Design, Engineering, Build, Deploy, Run and Retire stages.
- Carries out analysis at a strategic level, and develops business proposals to exploit technology in line with the organisation’s mission, objectives and strategy
- Advises and influences business clients and customers, at management level, regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems. Develops an effective partnership with suppliers and customers, establishing confidence and respect. Represents the employing organisation at a high level, both externally and internally, formally and informally
- Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting and maintaining fiscal constraints set by IT Budget.
- Works closely with our ISO to establish and infrastructure and operations team that imbeds the proper controls to comply with chosen Security framework. Imbed security into every aspect of service delivery.
- Understands current IT estate and operations, as well as current enterprise architecture objectives and constraints.
- Focuses on business risk and continuity issues which impact the strategy. Takes full advantage of wider issues, eg commercials, people, processes and systems, for any proposed IT strategy
- Establish technology roadmaps for each major layer of the infrastructure and operations portfolio. Identify and publish standards for IT’s Enterprise Core. Establish "interoperability" standards for applications, database, networks, telephony, collaboration, mobility etc.
- Defines the migration path from current mode of operation to the future mode
- Oversee Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity management and ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested regularly
- Provides leadership, guidance, training and performance feedback for team members.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision and setting clear objectives.
- Plans and organises resource allocation between BAU incidents, project requirements and Infrastructure improvements, to ensure work is effectively allocated and project milestones are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensures the appropriate technical capability is in place to support the business needs, identifies any individual/team development needs and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Manages and reports progress and escalates issues and risks to the CIO; owns issues through to resolution
- Constantly monitor new technology and service offerings to refresh technology roadmaps.
- Communicate and champion best practices and risks to all parts of the business, where appropriate
- Establish an architecture and Change Review Board to evaluate and approve all system designs
- Assist in the identification of new user needs or program enhancements to reduce and/or manage risks
- Work with ENVIGO IT Project Management Office (PMO) on all assigned projects, where appropriate
- Work with 3rd party vendors to deliver projects or troubleshoot issues, as assigned
- Report status on projects to designated ENVIGO IT management, when required
- Participate in IT leadership strategic sessions and CIO staff meetings
- Champion and comply with all Change Management Policies and Procedures
Other duties as assigned
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'