Senior Digital Designer
POST- are working with one of Leeds' most respected and successful digital marketing agencies as they have a need for a full time, Senior Digital Designer to join their highly talented design team working on projects for very prestigious clients.
As the Senior Digital Designer, you will be instrumental in leading digital design and communications that work across a wide range of digital platforms. Working with the design team to deliver creative solutions that are simple, intuitive and of the highest standards.
The Senior Digital Designer works under the Head of Design and closely with the Account Handling and Production teams to ensure proper implementation within a digital environment, and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
From time to time you may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
Some of the duties in your role as a senior digital designer will include:
- Act as a key support to the Head of Design to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Take a lead on producing a range of cross-platform design work. Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction, design ideas, and user experience. Executing all visual design stages from concept to final handover to developers. Being the lead decision maker on the best processes for the project.
- Manage digital design work including marketing banners, versioning, image resizing, social asset creation, internal sales decks, web pages within managed platforms and other artwork related tasks.
- Work directly with back and front-end developers to understand what’s possible and performing regular design reviews on work in production.
- Work to the highest possible, pixel perfect standards.
- Collaborate with the project teams and clients, to scope-out and deliver creative solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience. Delivering a digital output of the highest quality and to brief.
- Lead calls and meetings articulating and presenting creative ideas and design requirements to clients and the wider team. With a natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- You should be able to think broadly and to come up with ideas and highly creative solutions for a diverse range of projects such as multi-platform mobile apps, responsive websites, CMS/e-commerce and games. Combining a deep understanding of user centred design, usability, composition, colour, typography and grid layouts combined with pixel perfect attention to detail you’ll be able to produce award-winning designs whatever the brief.
- Extensive experience in the digital sector. Strong understanding of UI/UX design and the psychology behind user behaviour.
- A fantastic portfolio of beautiful and intuitive digital design across desktop and mobile and impressive experience with big brands
- Talented, ambitious, passionate about design and proactive in achieving the best results for the clients. Able to demonstrate a passion for UX and interface design
- Team player and cool under pressure, adaptable and flexible in your approach and working hours
- Good experience working with developers translating their technical requirements into designs that are fit for purpose, work efficiently and are executed to the highest standards. Ability to work in a fast-paced, agency environment is essential as well as an ability to be quick.
- Ability to view projects from a wide perspective and tackle them with a deep understanding of user centred design; usability, personas, wireframes, user flows, composition, colour, typography, and grid layouts etc.
- An expert in Sketch and Adobe CC applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. A strong understanding of HTML/CSS and the considerations for this in digital design.
- Excellent concept skills with a good eye for composition, typography, and colour.
- A strong understanding of native UI for mobile apps and its implications for cross-platform app design.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead a project from initial conception through to the finished product.
- Great attention to detail, taking pride in delivering outstanding pixel perfect designs.
- Expert knowledge of digital and technical innovation. An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- A competitive salary of between £30,000 - £40,000
- Personal Development Programme with quarterly reviews to set learning objectives, and annual pay reviews.
- R&D on Friday afternoons - this is time to learn new technologies and develop skills in new areas (in line with the needs of the business)
- Sociable team with lots of nights’ out
- Health Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Working hours are 0900 - 1730
- Close to the train station and they have space to park bikes outside the office
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Agency
- Digital Design
- User centred design
- UI / UX
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job