Job Title: Senior Digital Communications officer
Location : Central London
Overall Purpose of the Role
The business which is located in Central London which works as a charity is delivering an ambitious strategy for 2017-2020, which requires the support of a creative and innovative Senior Digital Communications Officer to help achieve our goals. The Senior Digital Communications Officer will work across a wide range of projects, helping to drive the recruitment of volunteers, nurture relationships with alumni, support both programmatic and corporate fundraising, and tell the story of their impact across our programmes. They will create engaging and relevant digital content for the organisation and analyse the success of this content according to performance indicators. The Senior Digital Communications Officer will manage and develop the businesses website, oversee our social media channels, and use analytics to identify new opportunities in digital outreach. They will contribute to the creation and implementation of a digital strategy.
Principle Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Manage the day to day operation of the website, providing technical support as well as writing and reviewing content to make sure it meets users' needs and is search engine optimised.
* Ensure the website adheres to brand guidelines whilst incorporating best practice to maximise user experience and usability.
* Review, track and report on analytics, understanding which are priority for actual impact.
* Provide and act on recommendations to enhance usability, additional functionality and customer journey improvements.
* Manage the website agency to ensure that all development work is planned and carried out within agreed budget and timescales.
* Support country teams to manage their national websites and maximise their impact.
* Work alongside the CRM & Database Manager to ensure a seamless link between Raleigh's CRM database and the website.
* Oversee presence across all social media channels, ensuring all messaging is coherent across channels, on brand, and meets our strategic goals.
* Convene regular cross-departmental social media planning meetings to develop creative ideas spanning all social channels.
* Manage their presence on Facebook, creating frequent targeted content, engaging in relevant conversations and responding to messages and comments.
* Provide support and guidance to colleagues who manage content and engagement on our Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
* Review, track and report on social media analytics, providing recommendations for constant improvements.
* Spot trends and advise on successful content, new technologies and channels most suited to reaching and engaging our target audiences.
* Manage the Dotmailer account for email marketing.
* Manage current templates and create new ones, which are optimised for viewing on all devices and maintain the company brand.
* Keep on top of best practice in email marketing and provide support and advice to colleagues to ensure they are making best use of the software in their work.
* Recruit and manage external freelancers and agencies, as needed.
* Stay on top of the latest digital technologies and best practice to feed into the communications strategy and plans.
* Support the Communications & Campaigns Manager in the delivery of integrated communications campaigns.
* Work with the marketing team to help develop on and off-line marketing campaigns.
Person Specification (Skills and Experience)
- officer and media and creative and communications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job