The Senior Digital Analyst assists in the delivery of best-in-class digital insight across TUI’s digital assets, including but not limited to tui.co.uk and firstchoice.co.uk. In an exciting and diverse role, this Senior Analyst will focus on driving change through digital insight for business-critical trading and merchandising analytics.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time, being part of the eCommerce function which is driving the digital focus within TUI UK; we are at a significantly evolved point in our digital journey with an exciting roadmap ahead. In addition to being digitally focused TUI UK is also investing heavily in analytics, with this also being a key focus in driving the business forward.
What you will be doing
As Senior Digital Analyst, you will be have responsibilities of areas including trading analytics and reporting, trading analytics projects, data integrity and forecasting
The core of your role will based around reporting and analysis of eCommerce trading to ensure we are delivering the sales and product mix required. In order to deliver this, the role has responsibility for running standard sales reporting for E-Commerce trading for daily/weekly /monthly sales. This reporting needs to be delivered with minimal manual involvement therefore a strong understanding of the key reporting tools will be required. In the development of standard and ad hoc reporting there will be a need for extensive use of Business Objects and Adobe Analytics, plus knowledge of Excel at an advanced level.
This role requires clear communication to senior stakeholders in the Merchandising and trading teams, with the ability to give clear concise answers to potentially complex analysis areas through verbal, written and visual means.
This role will has responsibility to create Ad Hoc insight, helping the business to quickly understand answers to questions that could not have been easily predicted, this would include geo-political impacts for example. This analysis and insight is required accurately, quickly and with clear recommendations so the business can decide which actions to take. This will involve extensive use of both Business Objects and Adobe Analytics.
Data integrity is a key part of this role, making sure the reporting and analysis delivered is accurate and consistent with other MI across the business.
The role has a responsibility for projects that relate to digital trading analytics, this will involve working alongside other analytics teams within the business to develop insight and solutions as a holistic group. An example of such a project is the business approach to discounting, and how this should be developed going forward.
Forecasting is another aspect of this role, through assisting in creation and maintenance of key targets that are consistent with the overall distribution targets and tour operator requirements. This role will ensure current performance is accurately measured against these targets within key reports.
In relation to analytics availability you will be responsible for creating actionable reports and dashboards, at all times taking an educational/ support approach to encourage self-service by stakeholders using Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst).
Finally, as Senior Digital Analyst you will be responsible for coaching and upskilling more junior members of the analytics team (with no direct line management responsibility). You will also be responsible for coaching stakeholders to achieve greater analytical understanding and adoption of data-driven digital change. There is also the responsibility to assist with training other areas of the digital team and wider business in the use of Adobe Analytics
What we are looking for
- Experience in using digital analytics solutions, ideally Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst) using Workspace, ideally on a commercial website
- Appreciation and/or implementation experience of digital analytics data collection methods
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Fast thought speed, able to identify analytics approach quickly and deliver at speed
- Established advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Business Objects is preferred
- Proven stakeholder management abilities with ability to educate and drive changes
- Numerate and analytical mindset with a focus on the commercial benefits of making change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to communicate complex data effectively to a variety of audiences via a variety of means (visual, verbal and written)
- Highly accountable with a passion for results and a determination to succeed
- Passion for data and delivering meaningful insight
- Experience of working in the Travel Industry is desirable
- Interest in the travel industry and digital technology/ developments
- Understanding of digital data collection techniques and limitations
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork focus
- Strong learning agility with enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Wider knowledge of digital technology (outside of analytics) preferable
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.