Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We are looking for DevOps to help in the key tasks of keeping our platform running and improving our delivery speed. We are happy to hear both from experienced seniors and from juniors willing to learn a lot. If you feel like you will be happy doing this job, let us know!
- Manage the computing resources across several cloud providers (AWS, GCE, DO)
- Manage several kubernetes clusters hosting a variety of workloads
- Analyse the requirements of the business for different databases (postgresql, elasticsearch, mongodb and redis at the moment) and manage their setup and maintenance or externalization to a 3rd provider.
- Manage and improve support systems including metrics, centralize logging, tracing and others
- Continuously facilitate and improve development experience by providing secure and easy access to resources, ample debugging capabilities and sweet automation
- Manage and improve the continuous deployment pipeline
You are a good fit if you…
- Enjoy learning! We are constantly facing new challenges and adapting our systems to them, which often include learning new tools, languages, paradigms…
- Feel responsible for your work. We expect you to be the owner of your work and to be proud of it.
- Can deal with failure and learn from it. We like to challenge ourselves and are not afraid of failure. If we don’t fail from time to time, we are being too comfortable.
- Personal development - Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday - Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself - Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop - Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days - Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip
- A balance - Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.