Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We are looking for a DevOps to help in the key tasks of keeping our platform running and improving our delivery speed.
- Manage the computing resources across several cloud providers (AWS, GCE, DO)
- Manage several kubernetes clusters hosting a variety of workloads
- Analyse the requirements of the business for different databases (postgresql, elasticsearch, mongodb and redis at the moment) and manage their setup and maintenance or externalization to a 3rd provider.
- Manage and improve support systems including metrics, centralize logging, tracing and others
- Continuously facilitate and improve development experience by providing secure and easy access to resources, ample debugging capabilities and sweet automation
- Manage and improve the continuous deployment pipeline
- Personal development - Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday - Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself - Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop - Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days - Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip
- A balance - Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.