Senior DevOps Engineer
IaC solutions (Cloudformation, Ansible)
My client is looking for a technically forward-thinking & cloud-passionate engineer to join their progressive team.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a brand-new role which will allow you to take ownership of market leading technology and my client (and you) grow. As they continue to lead the way in the FinTech space, this is the perfect opportunity to grow your career and be impactful at the top of your field.
In your new role as a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work with Product teams to create infrastructure required to automate delivery and health
- Help define and own the practices we follow and the technologies and tools we utilise
- Work closely with application engineers from other teams, ensuring we deliver suitable, fast and flexible solutions, whilst empowering others to be involved in the DevOps culture
- Liaise closely with 1st Line Monitoring, OpSec, Product Engineering and Cloud Ops to maintain and resolve platform problems
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Be passionate about ensuring we remain secure in the cloud environment
I am lookingh for someone who will bring a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern software engineering technologies and practices (we believe that DevOps is first and foremost a Software Engineering discipline!). They also want someone who is passionate about delivering and maintaining products and loves our customers as much as we do, and isn’t afraid to take the lead on pushing our technology and practices forward to achieve this goal.
The new Senior DevOps Engineer will:
- Have proven experience as a DevOps Engineer, especially within the AWS ecosystem
- Be experienced in using CI/CD technologies and tools such as: Jenkins, Concourse CI
- Have excellent working knowledge of using IaC solutions (Cloudformation, Ansible)
- Have previous software development experience using Python
- Come with strong skills and experience in testing code and infrastructure (unit testing, automation testing, integration and regression testing, "chaos monkey" theory, Infrastructure delivery testing (e.g. ServerSpec/AWSSpec/Testinfra) etc.)
- Always be focused on security and resilience, and will take individual responsibility on ensuring we always deliver solutions that never break our commitment to these concepts
- Be accustomed to working in teams that follow SDLC workflows and agile methodologies
- Be someone who is passionate about what they do, and continues to innovate and learn
- Relish the challenges of working with complex systems being used in new and exciting ways
- 25 days holidays
- Flexible benefits (Life Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Travel Insurance, Eye Care Voucher, Gym Flex)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Job Specific Discounts!
- Software Engineering