Caspian One are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our client as part of a multi-faceted, multi-region DevOps team; responsible for building, optimising, maintaining and supporting a fully automated AWS environment. The role will work closely with the Development and QA teams on a mixture of new project implementations and supporting the clients existing platforms.
The successful candidate should possess commercial experience working in a DevOps environment, ideally from a development background but with a proven knowledge of Linux system administration. The successful candidate will have a desire to automate tasks where possible using cutting-edge technologies to help others be as efficient as possible.
Reporting to the Head of Development Manager, the responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a close-knit team to build, maintain and optimise our fully automated AWS environments.
- Being a technical expert in the technologies adopted by Kaplan International.
- Leading project implementations that will empower other teams to work more efficiently.
- Developing and implementing smart technology choices that drive our business forward.
- Supporting a variety of systems, doing thorough RCA when required and ensuring one-time fixes are implemented.
- Strong Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Ubunty) System Administration.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSL.
- Proven ability in designing and building scalable cloud platforms with AWS (VPC, EC2, ELB, NAT, Elasticache, RDS, CloudFormation, API Gateway Lambda, S3, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Puppet and Hiera for Configuration Management.
- Scripting expertise with Python using the Fabric framework.
- Strong understanding and experience of CI/CD pipelines and GIT Version control
- Nagios/Check MK monitoring and alerting services for servers, applications and services.
- Experience developing and hosting LAMP stack applications (WordPress, Drupal and Moodle) using AWS.
- Proven experience utilising monitoring tools to drive performance improvements.
- Confident development of code that adheres to development best practice, utilising tools such as Jenkins and Git to manage the process.
- Leading other team members to complete larger projects on time;
- A proven track record with a of minimum three years of experience in a similar role
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Experience using agile principles, tools and techniques
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Confidence to lead at a variety of levels with the ability influence decisions based on best practise.
- Ability to learn quickly and share knowledge.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that team targets are met.