£75,000 + Uncapped Bonus (reflects personal & company performance) + Benefits
A financial services company based in St Albans is seeking a highly skilled Senior DevOps engineer to join their development team, your primary responsibility will be taking the release automation and CI to the next level.
You will play a key role to transition their 100+ application services into an in-hours deployment model. Considerations with package management as well as Monitoring/Alerting automation will also play a key part of this push forward. You will be working with emerging technologies such as containerisation and also take forward their efforts for hybrid Azure deployments.
They encourage fresh ideas and new approaches in their service landscape that comprises over 100 services in the production environment alone. They choose the right tool for the task at hand and have shifted from a Microsoft only Ecosystem to embracing a growing collection of Linux app servers hosting Redis, RabbitMQ, HaProxy, Graphite and ElasticSearch.
Background / Experience
- Work closely both with infrastructure and development teams.
- Comfortable with the concept of Infrastructure as Code and turn to scripting and automation as your first thought when looking into issues or configuring systems
- Experience automating release workflows and managing multiple environments
- Strong analytical skills for technical problem solving.
- Docker & Container Orchestration
- Continuous Integration & Release automation
- Monitoring and Alert automation
- TFS / TeamCity / Jenkins / Git
- Zabbix / Graphite / ELK Stack - Monitoring tooling
- IIS Configuration
- Working in a Micro service architecture - Reverse proxies (HaProxy) and Service Discovery (Consul)
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher etc.
- Linux experience preferably Redhat/Centos
- C# and .Net
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.