Senior DevOps Engineer
Be part of something dynamic and join our client as a DevOps Engineer for the Top Employer in the UK.
Our client is growing their digital team of agile service design specialists to build and deliver user centred services and solutions in partnership with their clients across England and Wales. They need DevOps Engineers, with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies to help them build their digital hubs in London, Wales and Birmingham.
You will need to be a talented member with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies, to join their agile team and to help them build one of the greatest digital hubs in the London areas.
****** You must already hold, or be eligible to hold, an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance to be considered ****
Your future duties and responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer will include a multitude of interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. As a Senior Engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards processes and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for the clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (Linux or windows) is required.
Desirable Skills would be
- Experience in software development life-cycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
Build your career with us!
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, our client is at the centre of this change—supporting their clients’ digital journeys and offering their professionals exciting career opportunities. Their success comes from the talent and commitment of their professionals. As one team, they share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces the culture of ownership. All of their professionals benefit from the value they collectively create. Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Apply now to be considered for the role!
- programming experience/python/command line knowledge (linux or windows)