Radius is seeking a Senior Site reliability Engineer for our client. This role is a home based position.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be involved with customer projects through the full development lifecycle from initial presales discussions through planning the development, implementation and roll out of their solution. You will be involved with a wide variety of AWS based projects depending on the customer’s requirements and gain exposure to various technologies. As part of the role, you will also create template and processes for internal use to aid in the efficiency of future developments within the company which will aid other members of the team and also increase efficiency within the team.
- Working with customers to translate business requirements into technical implementations and then following this through to delivery of the solution
- Performing load testing and bottleneck analysis on customer environments based on customer’s expectations on loads expected for the system
- Designing and building templates and patterns to be used by customers and the rest of the team to enhance the efficiency of the team for future projects where these templates and patterns can be utilised
- Evangelising Cloud computing and helping customers to understand the benefits that cloud computing brings and how specifically working with us can enhance their current infrastructure.
- Providing escalation assistance to the support team where required with complex technical issues that they are not able to solve;
- Helping to mentor other members of the team and raise the general skill level within the business as part of the ongoing plans to grow the team this will be a key aspect of the role;
- Diagnosing system failures and working under pressure to resolve the issues in the quickest possible time to minimize any impact to customers.
- On-call duties (approximately one week in six) to deal with any out of hours alerts/requests that are raised that require resolution.
Positions specifications (State educational and job experience requirements)
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux and associated technologies
- Strong knowledge of the workings of TCP/IP
- Skilled in at least one scripting language ideally Ruby or Python
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven track record of working with Linux systems
- Able to work autonomously, identifying and prioritising tasks; experienced enough to know when to seek input from others
- Experience of working with configuration management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt)
- Experience of working as part of a larger team to deliver larger projects based on customer deadlines and requirements
In addition, the following are highly desirable:
- Maths or (Computer) Science degree
- Experience of working in high-traffic environments
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Compute Engine at scale