Senior DevOps Engineer - 6 months - London
My London based client is currently looking to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer for an initial 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will be passionate about automation and continuous innovation. You will also play a key role in improving the automated application deployment lifecycle for software releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across the various Portfolios.
You will take on the following;
- Improving the automated application deployment lifecycle for software releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across the various Portfolios.
- Implementing and managing build pipeline and processes for the progression of code into the development and test environments.
- Working collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and being supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with wider digital development community to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Helping defining the software and platform architecture for the new world we’re building.
- Automate the release of our applications by extending the current framework to reduce the time to market of our applications.
- Design and develop the environment configuration system to enable the platform to be deployed into various environments.
- Employ 'best practices’ for implementations of new technology
- Highlight risks and resolve issues that affect delivery and quality
You will have the following
Experience & Skills
- Significant experience (5+ years) with
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Automated builds (Maven/Gradle) and Continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins)
- Continuous delivery (automated acceptance/performance/security tests, delivery pipelines)
- Development experience (Java, NodeJS)
- Experience with Microservices based architecture
- Ability to create production-ready environments:
- Linux administration with shell scripting
- Docker expertise
- Cloud environments (AWS / Azure / On-premise)
- Cluster O/S and Frameworks (DC/OS, Mesos, Marathon)
- Monitoring and alerting (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Datadog)
- Ideally you have a github presence and open source contributions.
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to john.stead @ soprasteria.com - Thanks.
- Windows Azure