My client is looking for Senior DevOps Consultant to take leadership roles within a fast growing digitisation consultancy.
We’re looking for senior IT consultants who can take the lead in assisting customers in understanding the key challenges related to transitioning to the new DevOps world. You will have extensive experience in several of the following technology suites: Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, JIRA, Confluence, Ansible, OpenShift, Elasticsearch, Kibana, CA DevTest, Jenkins, Bamboo, GitHub, Docker, Nexus, XL Deploy etc.
You will feel comfortable in all aspects related to advising, architecting and delivering the full life cycle of activities required to reshape an IT organisation into a DevOps way of working.
The role requires deep understanding on all aspects of creating a DevOps IT organisation: Cultural change, modern Automation technologies, Lean ways of working, best use and Measurement of data and best information Sharing technologies (CALMS).
A leader in your field. You are likely to have contributed to DevOps thought leadership, with contributions at seminars or conferences such as DevOps Days, DevOps Summit etc.
Though client delivery will be a priority for the role, it will also involve a wide variety of other activities to support the ongoing growth of the business going forward. Business development activities, evangelising DevOps operations, development of more junior staff and our near shore capability will be required.
You will be responsible for:
- Advising clients on appropriate DevOps strategies specific to their unique business needs;
- Creating and managing the roadmap and implementation of DevOps within our clients organisations;
- Propose DevOps technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions;
- Supervise and deliver architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities;
- Delivering high level designs using industry standard methodologies (UML process flow/sequence diagrams etc) to articulate complex tasks to business and technical teams;
- Working effectively with 3rd party and offshore development teams;
- Supporting the ongoing growth of our organisation as required.
- Extensive experience in several of the following technology suites: Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, JIRA, Confluence, Ansible, OpenShift, Elasticsearch, Kibana, CA DevTest, Jenkins, Bamboo, GitHub, Docker, Nexus, XL Deploy etc;
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following methodologies; Lean, Agile, Scrum and Kanban;
- Extensive experience in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment techniques and approaches;
- Experienced in:
- o Software Delivery Lifecycle Process optimization and Business Process Modelling;
- o Test automation and Service Virtualization
- o Infrastructure and Application monitoring
- Strong IT background with a history of software development (Java, Python, Ruby etc) through to delivery of on-prem/off-prem/hybrid architectures utilising modern technologies and approaches (Api’s, Microservices, Containers, PaaS, SaaS etc etc);
- Possesses a good understanding of the DevOps 'market place’: Current vendors, their technologies and can articulate the key differences in their offerings;
- Nice to Haves: Telco knowledge
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Naturally resilient, tenacious and results driven with excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Self-starter and highly motivated towards success;
- Keen interest in new technology and the possibilities it creates;
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to learn new business subjects;
- Happy to get hands dirty as part of a start-up mentality;
- Have a sales focussed approach to delivery, be able to develop accounts and spot potential opportunities. Be able to articulate the business value of those both internally and to the customer;
- Proven ability in building senior relationships with both technical and non-technical client stakeholders;
- Be equally comfortable in leading teams of consultants as well creating the technical solution yourself;
- Enjoy learning new technologies and be willing to cross skill as necessary in this rapidly, fast moving IT world;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- London, Reading, Home Counties, South East
- API development