Senior Development Underwriter
£45,000 to £55,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Underwriter on behalf of one of our clients, a highly regarded insurer.
The primary purpose of the role would be to develop and support the company's Commercial Lines Mid-Market account, by engaging and developing new and existing relationships with Brokers across London and the South East of England.
The role covers the following counties: Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire.
- Ensuring the company's technical underwriting rates and criteria are accurately applied to all risks.
- Contributing towards the achievement of the company's annual financial plan.
- Profitably underwriting Commercial Mid-Market risks within the company's underwriting criteria.
- Underwriting within strategy and authority limits, and referring all cases outside of this.
- Developing mutually beneficial relationships with brokers in order to promote growth.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to junior team members on underwriting matters.
- Experience in underwriting and trading Property and Liability Insurance, including Motor Trade.
- Strategic knowledge of the commercial broker market in South East England & London.
- Proven relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence results.
- Ability to demonstrate meeting & exceeding both personal and team objectives.
- Cert. CII, Dip. CII, or progress towards achieving them is preferred but not essential.
Keywords: Development Underwriter; Senior Development Underwriter; Trading Underwriter; Commercial Underwriter; Senior Commercial Underwriter
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we receive daily, we are only able to contact applicants which have passed the initial CV screening stage. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'