One of the UK's finest and largest specialist Insurers based near Reading are currently looking for an experienced Development Underwriter for their professions commercial insurance division.
The company is an international specialist insurer and far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength underpinned by a culture that encourages convention and a better way of doing things. The client is defined by a strong moral fibre and prioritise principles of doing what they say they will. They insure the unique and interesting, empower their people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach matters with a solutions mind set.
In this role you will be responsible for finding, developing and growing new business opportunities within the region. You will actively identify opportunities to cross-sell and build the whole business. Focusing mainly on underwriting new business, you will generate enquiries from brokers and work quickly and efficiently to provide quotations.
* Consistent profitable underwriting of professions insurance business
* Maximise and develop regional opportunities through proactively prospecting for large schemes, book transfers and individual cases worth over £20k
* Regularly visit brokers offices building relationships and delivering advice.
* Identify under-performing brokers and engage measures to improve their business using commission levels, profit improvement plans, retention and conversion improvement
* Ensure complex referrals are escalated to those with appropriate authority
* Closely work with team members to deliver on broker strategy and new business targets
* Build product knowledge and become a point of technical referral for a specific product line
You will need to have a proven track record in commercial underwriting and have working knowledge of Professional Indemnity and or commercial combined insurance. Educated to degree level or equivalent and progression towards ACII are preferred. Coupled to these you will need to be a motivated and personable person with strong communication skills.
In return you will receive a generous salary and benefits package in line with a mid senior role within the insurers organisation. You will have access to offices located in between London and Reading with free parking and a friendly working environment.
- Commercial Insurance
- Financial Lines
- Commercial Underwriter
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"