Marlborough Lines Andover SP11 8HJ , Huntingdon PE28 2EA
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aiders and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers.
Our staff, future and current will be guided by the 4 Cs and we encourage you to be curious and continuously strive for improvement, collaborative in an inclusive culture, bold and resilient and committed to Defence, empowered and able to challenge so you can play a key part in shaping the direction of our organisation.
DIO commits to offer its employees the following experience:
• Meaningful, purposeful work
• The ability to learn and grow
• The right opportunities and resources
• To care about your wellbeing
• To feel valued and included
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is the estate expert for Defence, supporting the armed forces to enable military capability by planning, building, maintaining, and servicing infrastructure.
Our responsibilities include:
• Plan and deliver major capital projects and lifecycle refurbishment
• Provide utilities services
• Manage soft facilities management (i.e. cleaning and catering)
• Provide a safe place to train
• Allocate Service Families Accommodation
• Procure and manage routine maintenance and reactive repair
• Provide a central register of asset information to advise infrastructure planning
• Act as steward of the Defence estate
• Provide the unarmed guarding service
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions, and we work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better-quality estate we are seeking high motivated and suitably qualified Senior Surveyors to join our established Acquisitions and Disposals Team.
As an experienced property professional, you will be tasked with delivering challenging and varied estate rationalisation and disposal projects.
The DIO Senior Development Surveyor will provide expert advice on a variety of property matters including development, valuation and planning and you will assist in the delivery of MoD Estate rationalisation and receipt targets currently set at £1bn to 2020/2021.
As a Senior Surveyor you will bring experience and understanding of commercial and residential development to DIO, taking on the responsibility for the delivery of receipts from all DIO property disposals. Working as part of a team, you will work with customers, the supply chain, developers, local government and other regional bodies to plan, promote and deliver the optimum market value. This will involve the coordination of disposals activities including budgeting and forecasting, planning promotion, site surveys, marketing and legal agreements.
The DIO Senior Development Surveyor will co-ordinate a diverse range of projects in the UK and potentially overseas having a focus on adding value to rationalisation projects helping to prioritise, establish and inject momentum into the MOD rationalisation programme.
There are 2 positions - 1 is based in DIO Andover and 1 is based in RAF Wyton. Please selected your preferred location.
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
The Disposal teams undertake a variety of property and planning tasks to enable site disposals and are required to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
DIO Senior Disposal Surveyors are responsible for developing clear disposal strategies together with the preparation of technical and marketing reports to support the preparation and approval of business cases. Once approved you will manage all disposal activities from inception to legal completion.
A Senior Disposal Surveyor responsibilities will include:
• Working with other DIO teams, to manage budgeting and procurement activities; and with the Service Delivery Team to project manage site closure and handover of sites from the Military client to DIO.
• Providing town planning, development strategy and estate management advice to optimise the potential of complex disposal projects.
• Support to estate planning, optimisation and rationalisation activity on the Defence estate
• Working closely with Defence/military customers and other stakeholders both within and beyond MOD, including Local Authorities and other Government Departments.
• Providing advice to customers on Town Planning, Disposal Strategy, Valuation and other property matters.
• Providing advice and input to infrastructure projects.
• Identify potential disposal opportunities that may arise from changing defence requirements.
• Providing advice on the advantages and disadvantages of, and costs and savings associated with, various potential courses of action
• Support to wider MoD estate/accommodation policy and strategy initiatives.
You will also need to undertake tasks in support of disposal work and contribute to internal reporting requirements and data collection, this to support National Audit Office, Freedom of Information and Parliamentary reports as required.
You will assist senior management to support and develop the Disposal team to enable the delivery of departmental goals. Responsibilities ar
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'