Senior Development Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engine manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the design, development and performance of components & systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced R&D / Engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, you will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development strategy. You must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team.
- Large diesel engine performance and emissions calibration
- Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
- Defining and managing component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
- Technical reporting
- Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance and component APQP reviews.
- The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility.
- Working closely with global facilities.
- Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs
- Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
- Experienced in analysing complex engine test data
- High standard of written technical reporting
- Diesel engine validation experience with producing Design Validation Plans and Reports
- Working knowledge of heavy duty industrial diesel engines such as cooling systems, lubrication, turbocharging etc.
- Diesel engine P & E with fuel and control systems development experience
- Planning, conducting and reporting on engine based noise and vibration testing.
- Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
- Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job