This leading independent UK based, distributor for manufacturers who supply speciality raw material is looking for a Senior Development Chemist to join their team in Bury, Lancashire.
As a Senior Development Chemist, you shall be responsible for identifying and developing new products for industrial applications.
The successful candidate will focus on the implementation and management of new product development and quality systems. The role will also involve technical support for our Sales and Marketing teams, ensuring continual product development and support to customers.
- Pro-actively identifying and developing potential new product or market opportunities
- Implementing and managing new product development and quality system projects
- Providing technical support to customers and all business departments
- Create, test and validate product enhancements and additional functional product requirements
- Converting successful formulations into manufacturing instructions
- Being a key contributor in the Research and Development team
- Keeping material databases up to date
- Delivering approved projects to agreed launch plans with no quality issues
- Producing regular reports on development projects and overall work progression
- Maintaining accurate records for new product development activities
- Review new or acceptable concepts, plans and initiatives
- Providing accurate data analysis, reports and maintaining detailed records of all trials, tests and projects
- General laboratory & facility housekeeping duties including laboratory safety audits
- Contribution to research into new technologies
- Following and producing detailed SOPs
- Carrying out product evaluation to appropriate methodologies
- Training and supervision of others with the guidance from the Group Technical Manger
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum or equivalent of a BSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or other similar degree
- Laboratory experience within a similar role
- Working knowledge of formulating coatings and/or construction chemicals.
- Ability to interpret and understand technical data sheets, MSDS and specifications for products within the company
- A good understanding of generic laboratory equipment
- Good working knowledge of quality management systems
- Ability to follow detailed routines
- Experience of working within ISO quality standards
- Excellent IT skills
- High levels of intuition and innovation
- Ability to generate breakthrough ideas and developments
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of formulating coatings and/or construction chemicals
- Excellent project management, time management and prioritising skills
- Awareness of regulatory requirements involved in all analytical activities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and use judgement
- High regard for health and safety regulations in the work place
- Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Location: Bury, Lancashire
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This is a permanent role and Key Appointments (UK) Limited is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency in connection with this position. Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV.
We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and we would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job