My client is a leading company in their field and they are currently looking for a new Senior Developer to join their growing team in Malvern.
This is not a WordPress job.
As a senior developer, you will be developing upon a custom-built application that handles 150 million transactions a month across 3 international deployments.
Some of the technologies you’ll become an expert in are:
- Laravel 5
You will be challenged to create optimised, performant code to ensure that the system runs efficiently. Our system is so much more than just sending a text message.
We have a diverse team and in addition to your development duties, we’d like you to impart your skills and experience on our more junior members, nurturing them to strive to be just like you.
A day in the life...
You will be responsible for:
- Development of code to required standards
- Architect solutions for required new features or improvements
- Breaking down development work into manageable and measurable pieces of work
- Undertake code reviews to ensure code standards are maintained
- Promote production of code mindful of data security
- Attending daily stand up scrum meetings
- Keeping an awareness of the sprint goals and working across multiple disciplines to achieve sprint success
- Self-management of workload
- Mentoring junior members
- Work alongside business analysts, project managers and QA teams
You will be working with the Development Manager in a team of 10 developers (which is growing) based in the UK and in India. You’ll be based in our Malvern office that sits at the foot of the beautiful Malvern Hills.
You will be contributing to our vision of ensuring that all UK businesses are communicating with their customers, contacts and members using the most efficient communication channel driving engaging customer interactions.
The must haves...
- A passion for web development
- Experience of test-driven development
- An expert in object-oriented PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of design patterns - when and when not to use them
- Architecting, writing and consuming APIs
- Understanding of security principles
- Experience with GIT version control or similar
The nice to haves...
- Experience with queuing technology
- Experience with large volume data processing
- Worked in an agile environment
- Knowledge of frameworks
Apply now for immediate consideration.
- API development
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"