Senior IT Developer required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The Senior IT Developer role is responsible for the development (incl. low-level solution design) and maintenance (Level 3) of IT solutions in their given area. The individual will specialise in one or more technology area, adopting the clientss chosen delivery methodology to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner. They will model delivery excellence for more junior members of the team (and engaged partner resources), providing technical guidance/review and striving for continual process improvement.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solutions.
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes/projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners.
- Deliver functionality (as part of both small/BAU changes and large projects) that fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by execution of agreed test cases) within committed timescales and budget. This will include definition, maintenance and execution of unit test cases.
- Provide Level 3 Application Support, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. In some cases, you may be expected to provide call out for 2nd and 3rd line support ‘out of hours’.
- Ensure the delivered solutions comply with the organization’s architectural standards and seek formal exceptions where appropriate. Ensure code is developed in line with agreed coding standards (whether delivered by internal or partner resource), such that we deliver maintainable & performant code. This will include making recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code as appropriate.
- Model best practice in your own deliver, acting as a role model for more junior members of the development team. This includes consistently exceeding the defined development KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vain.
- Be a technical leader in your technology area , responsible for code reviews of work delivered by more junior members of the development team (both internal and partner resources). This should include identifying repeating issues and mitigation strategies (feeding into supplier reviews).
- Creation of technical documentation, in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards.
- Where appropriate, you should be able to lead the delivery of Continuous Integration in an Agile environment.
- Identification and reporting on Key Performance Indicators for Waterfall and Agile teams.
- Identify areas for improvement within your team’s delivery and, where appropriate, lead the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
- Responsibilities may include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- Applies knowledge and experience with technology and application development methodologies to perform basic systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, file design, storage, etc
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
- In depth technical knowledge of the technologies to be supported.
- C# Development
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Any experience in the following will be advantageous
- Java/Java Script,
- IOS Development
- IIS and Windows services experience
- SQL Server or Oracle Database - Development Experience
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level.
- Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job