Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Developer to join the team and be at the forefront of their backend platform and API stack. They are looking to bring on a Senior Developer that brings talent and passion for creating APIs and services that engage users and utilise the latest technologies to drive insight.
This Senior Developer will work in a lean, agile environment to help define and deliver the product vision and to leverage of the technical resources and processes available across the company's portfolio of ventures.
The role will be based at their London office with occasional travel to meet users and technology partners. They operate a flexible working policy as creativity doesn’t come from chaining people to their desks!
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Developer you will be required to:
Implement & Deploy
- To work closely with the mobile application and web team to drive efficiencies and scale across the platform portfolio.
- To help refine and deliver the product features defined within the roadmap to support the realisation of the company's vision bringing your first hand experience to help define the right solutions to users' needs.
- To implement good development and release process ensuring suitable quality metrics such as standards, performance and testing are met as applicable as you scale the product across 1000’s of users.
- To implement best practices relating to architecture, security and compliance with consideration of the sensitivity of collecting user data.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with the rest of the team to help define the strategy based on your experience of platform development and your own wider experiences as you assist in meeting some of the company's core users.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, technical lead and CPO to build estimates and a delivery plan that meets the needs of the venture.
- Continue to develop your personal knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Mentor and collaborate with other members of the development team to ensure a culture of collaboration and learning is at the centre of what you do.
- To manage personal workload in order to effectively deliver against estimates and commitments.
Experience and Skills:
Required Experience and Skills for Senior Developer:
- Experience in Agile / Lean practices.
- Proficient in development of APIs and backend services, including REST and stateless architectures, OAuth and a deep understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Proficient in planning and implementing SQL and NoSQL database technologies (RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc).
- Experience working within a Test Driven Development environment and using the appropriate automated testing tooling.
- Experience working with continuous deployment pipelines responding to user needs through MVP and trials.
- Experience of managing multiple core user features within a single application at different levels of development maturity.
- Proficient with source control within teams, specifically Git and GitHub.
- Experience implementing appropriate security and compliance standards.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with Babel, Browsify & configuring Webpack build pipelines.
- Experience with Serverless Framework.
- Experience with front-end development specifically React & SASS.
- Experience with AWS; specifically Serverless Design Patterns, API Gateway, Lambda, DynomoDB, ElastiCache, CloudSearch, IAM, Cognito, S3, CloudFront etc.
- Knowledge and experience in other backend web technologies and infrastructures options (e.g: Python, PHP, .Net, Azure, Rackspace Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker etc.).
- Experience working on 'gamified’ apps working closely with users.
- Ability to find innovative technology solutions to business problems. To facilitate the business needs through technical acumen.
- Ability to assess the relative merits of build Vs buy when selecting a solution path to business needs.
- Experience working in teams adopting an iterative approach to delivery using methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and XP.
- Ability to share ideas and propose alternative solutions to problems that will best meet the user and business needs.
- Full driving license is a bonus but not a prerequisite.