Senior Developer £45 - 55k
To design, develop, deliver and maintain enterprise calibre software to be used both internally by business users and externally by our clients and customers. As part of a small flexible team of developers, analysts and testers the candidate will be expected to deliver production quality code in regular release cycles.
This particular role would involve development of an IoT/telematics application hosted in Azure.
The role would suit a candidate comfortable with both client-side and server-side development, as well as past experience of using DevOps best practices.
- Work as part of an agile team. Interact with team members and relevant business personnel to identify requirements and propose pragmatic solutions which add business value and analyse requirements and produce software that is fit for purpose with the minimum level of complexity to meet stated objectives.
- Make technical design decisions in line with team standards and strategy while working with team members to integrate business logic and presentation into a final product.
- Produce testable, maintainable, documented and functioning code for designated solutions and engage with test analysts to direct testing activities to ensure adequate coverage of unit, system and acceptance testing, define appropriate test cases and fixing any bugs found during testing.
- Help to drive improvements in the areas of technology and process to improve efficiency and quality within the team. This includes knowledge sharing sessions with various development teams.
- Perform the configuration and release of designated systems, ensuring that practical controls are followed to maximise quality and availability of production systems.
- Maintain strong governance and follow best practice with regards to SDLC & overall architecture
Skills and knowledge
- Strong experience of server-side development with C# is essential with knowledge and experience of using Asp.Net MVC.
- Experience of developing applications using Azure cloud hosting is essential.
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Team City and OctoDeploy is essential.
- Practical experience of producing and consuming web-services using Web API, WCF or REST would be valuable.
- Experience building applications that make use of a NoSQL backend is essential, CosmosDb is desirable.
- Practical experience using Azure Functions is desirable.
- Practical experience using Redis and SignalR is desirable.
- Experience working on telematics/IoT/big data platforms would be desirable.
- Experience using a test frameworks such as Moq is desirable.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies including SCRUM or Kanban would be of value.
- Familiarity with TFS and Git as both an agile project management tool and source control would be ideal.
- Experience of building single page applications would be ideal.
- Knowledge or experience of mobile site development and responsive layouts possibly including frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap would also be beneficial.
- Experience of load testing would be beneficial.