A leading FinTech company based in the City of London are looking for a Senior Developer.
They have a unique and enjoyable working culture consisting of flexible hours, working from home, regular team events, paid company trips abroad, funding for training/conferences, a modern open plan office and free daily breakfast and regular snacks.
In fact, they have twice won the Sunday Times 'Best 100 Companies to Work for' award in recent years (!) due their flexible and enjoyable working culture.
The client use technology and bleeding-edge data capability to create the best possible experience for small businesses seeking insurance. This is via their award winning online price comparison / brokerage platform built by their best-in-class tech team.
The client use Ruby, but they are technology agnostic when hiring so experience with Java, PHP, C# etc are all welcome! Experience with Ruby is not required.
Some things the client believe in:
- Continuous delivery (the team deploy code to production about 14 times a day on average)
- Cross functional teams where business and tech are seen as 'one team'
- Agile and Lean Startup methodologies
- TDD, BDD and fostering a strong DevOps culture.
- Thought leadership - my client host meetup groups and present talks in their office and the community.
- Creating the best company in the world to work for
- To always be learning & improving
- Being hands on in developing customer focused products using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies
- Working within small cross functional collaborative project teams (Dev, QA, Product Owners and other Business stakeholders), helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches
- Championing Agile processes whilst creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritisation
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
Skills and behaviours required:
- Strong programming skills (in any language. The client use Ruby and will support you in crossing over. It's a great opportunity to learn a new tech stack!)
- The ability to challenge and be proactive in suggesting new ways of working and approaches! The client love people who can come in and not be afraid to raise questions and help them continuously improve
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- An advocate of engineering best practices
- A strong desire to work with business teams and to understand the business side of product development
- An understanding and appreciation of Agile methodologies
Tech Stack (experience with this tech stack is NOT required to apply as the client are technology agnostic when hiring):
The client offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Life insurance
- 5% Pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- Dental cover
- Extra holidays
- Money back on daily well-being costs (massage, contact lenses etc)
- A fun & social working environment
- The opportunity to work with a best-in-class team who are at the forefront of tech providing thought leadership and hosting meetup groups in their office and presenting talks in the community
- Paid company trips abroad
- Career development - funding for conferences / training
- Free daily breakfast, snacks & hot & cold drinks
The client are based in Bank, City of London.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we unfortunately cannot respond to each applicant with individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Our client are hiring ASAP - please apply now and you will get a callback or email from our team to discuss within 24 hours should your CV be suitable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job