You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
As a senior developer you will have a passion for development, be proactive and collaborative team player who fully engages with all members of the team. You will have a solid understanding of agile development methodologies, development best practices and will play a strong role in driving our products forward and delivering best-of-breed solutions. As part of the role you will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and develop technical solutions with the other senior members of the team.
You will also help ensure a high level of quality in the products and code base, conducting regular code reviews with other members of the team, ensuring agreed coding standards are followed and promoting knowledge sharing within the team.
- Take responsibility for providing accurate estimates
- Take responsibility for assessing risk for development tasks
- Help the team understand requirements by challenging the core requirements and acceptance criteria of user stories
- Implementing unit testing, UI end-to-end Test and using mocking frameworks as appropriate
- Adhere to department coding standards and suggest improvements to them
- Code reviewing other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards
- Testing other developers work
- Provide regular progress updates, communicating impediments & better ways of delivering the requirements throughout the production phases
- Create technical documentation when required
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process
- Identify, elaborate and champion technical improvements
- Take responsibility and ownership of software architecture
- Investigate and promote processes and tooling that can enhance the productivity of agile teams.
- Take part in release and deployment activities and provide technical support for system infrastructure.
- You will gain a thorough understanding of the software, its users and our development team so you can make changes to the code - or add new code - to make the solution even better
- Significant experience developing enterprise software in a team environment.
- Understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns and general enterprise architectures.
- Experience programming applications using T-SQL (inc. Stored Procedures, Triggers, Service Broker)
- Experience programming applications using ASP.NET, VB.NET & C#
- Experience in working in an agile / lean development environment
- Experience of using issue tracking/project management tools (such as JIRA) to estimate and progress through work items on agreed backlogs
- Experience of SaaS deployment methods is beneficial
- Experience of continuous integration is beneficial
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience of using Source Control systems such as GIT
Skills and Attributes
- A passion for software and technology
- Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Open and collaborative style
- Problem solver
- Creative and innovative
- Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Manage time efficiently and effectively
- Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement