Job Title: Developer
Job Purpose: The role will be working in a fast paced retail environment for a television home shopping company, to be responsible for the design, layout and coding of our website and supporting business systems. 4-5 years experience required.
To: Head of IT
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Writing programming code, either from inception or by adapting the existing code to meet business needs.
* To be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
* To deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free.
* Editing existing content and updating the website.
* Testing the website and supporting systems and identify any technical problems.
* We are looking for a key contributor to the continued success and growth of the business.
* Creating back up files.
* To be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
* C#.net and .net development skills.
* Strong/proven knowledge of C#.net (Visual Basic/VB.net jQuery - an advantage).
* Good knowledge of Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio and Microsoft TFS.
* Ability to work alone using your own initiatives and ideas as well as working alongside the guidance of senior members of the company.
* Creativity - someone who can proactively come up with ideas to do things better on a daily basis
* Manage to meet tight deadlines.
* Pro-active in approach
* Flexibility with working hours to get projects finished on time