As a Senior Engineer you'll be leading one of our clients development teams in terms of technical projects. They are currently in the process of re-engineering their cloud based Merlin Practice Management Platform to be more "cloud native", splitting out a core set of services (Java, Spring Boot) on Azure using App Services, Docker, Terraform, Redis etc… You will lead a team on the product and platform side to do this, in addition to supporting a set of integrations for their customers.
This is a hands-on software development role for someone with deep experience of Java. You should have experience of working with cloud platforms (Azure preferred, but not essential), a good understanding of DevOps principles, API development, database development and software best-practices. You will coach more junior engineers and take the lead on projects.
Their platform is primarily based on Java/JEE running on Azure and SQL Server today, but rapidly changing as they re-engineer the platform.
Essential and desirable skills set:
- Develop cloud-based solutions using Java technology in a multi-tenanted environment
- Work with the product team on functional and non-functional solutions in a collaborative manner to solve problems in the most efficient way
- Work on scaling challenges with your cloud-services team on their services-based architecture
- Work on testing applications with quality assurance to ensure high quality as well as performing load, stress and security testing with the team
- Work with the engineering group on iterating towards their target architecture for the platform
- Provide coaching and support to junior developers and QA's in the team
Essential experience required:
- 4+ years experience as a developer within multi-disciplinary development teams
- The core Java language and ecosystem (Java 8 used currently)
- Experience with back-end engineering using Java Enterprise Edition or Spring, including RESTful API development
- Excellent understanding of SQL and working with databases (DDL and DML) - currently use SQL Server and have dedicated DBA's and developers
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment on developer operations problems (Microsoft Azure currently) - provisioning, deploying and monitoring applications
- Experience working with build tools such as Maven and CI solutions (Jenkins, Octopus)
- Experience with test frameworks for unit, integration and API testing (currently use JUnit, Mockito and Arquillian)
- Web-application development technology with React/Angular. Currently use Google Web Toolkit
- Experience with microservices based architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes solutions (e.g AKS) and Docker, Terraform a plus
- Experience with site-reliability engineering practices
Zachary Daniels is a Niche, National & International Recruitment Consultancy.
Specialising in Buying, Merchandising & Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade, Leisure & Wholesale Operations | Senior Appointments & Exec | Sales | Supply Chain & Logistics
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'