Senior Developer EdTech
Senior innovation developer (EdTech)
Salary: circa £45,000 per annum
Location: Bristol, London, Harwell or Manchester
Working in Jisc as a software developer puts you at the forefront of cutting edge software design and implementation. We are designing forward thinking products for our Education customers and you make the difference between developing a stellar application and not just an adequate one - making a difference to hundreds of institutions and thousands of students.
We want innovative developers excited by new challenges who can work from their desk, their home or their favourite coffee shop and drive development that stands out as the best in the market.
We encourage the use of new ideas, technologies and embrace the exciting world of devops and agile development to keep our products real and focussed on the needs of our customers.
Be a part of this digital revolution in the Education sector with the leading EdTech organisation solely focussed on the continued success of the Education Sector in the UK.
About the role
You will contribute to the development of new services, and the maintenance of existing tools and services. This includes development, testing and documentation, to an agreed standard, and with an agreed set of tools.
Your core focus will be to develop intuitive designs and user experiences, test these with clients, and develop the relevant code/design patterns for incorporation into projects.
As a Senior Developer, you will also be expected to work closely with our members to makes sure requirements are fully understood, and to demonstrate and explain project outputs to our customers.
We're looking for someone with:
- A good degree and/or relevant professional qualification.
- Experience in leading the development of applications.
- Expert knowledge of application development
- An ability to act and work independently and as an effective and enthusiastic team member.
- An ability to develop expertise in other languages as needed.
- An ability to explore technology solutions across the technology stack.
- An ability to engage with appropriate staff in HE and FE and Skills sectors, including but not limited to institutional leaders, information service and research and teaching staff.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol, London, Harwell or Manchester with scope to work from home.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"