- Assume responsibility for curriculum development and curriculum delivery projects and tasks.
- Value multiple intelligences to allow people develop own skills through self-motivation.
- Design innovative, inspirational and student centric learning materials.
- Support other curriculum development and delivery staff in meeting overall targets and goals.
- Apply modern pedagogical theories and practices
The post holder is responsible for the following:
- Develop, modify, and continuously improve, course outlines, curricula, evaluation procedures, and
instruments of assessment.
- Develop electronic teaching and learning materials for NMA Virtual Learning Environment.
- Identify, prepare and organise course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
- Instruct and help students learn. Provide academic assistance in a variety of learning situations.
- Counsel students with respect to academic progress and assist them in obtaining appropriate
counselling for non-academic matters.
- Assist in organising and monitoring work placements.
- Assist with student/industry liaison, including activities which will promote job placement and
- Remain current in area of professional expertise and in teaching methods.
- Maintain liaison with the community, related industry/agencies and other professionals.
- Prepare purchasing requisitions and participate in maintaining an inventory of capital and
- Maintain program equipment, laboratory/workshop/simulator facilities and materials to ensure a
safe and organized work environment.
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and
submit information as required.
- Assist Quality Manager in creating systems and processes to streamline operations
- Maintaining calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files,
planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities.
- Ensure performance targets within the area of responsibility are met.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them,
and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Participate in all duties relating to the teaching and learning process.
- Participate in the development, evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment materials
The post holder must hold the following:
- HND Nautical Science
- MCA issued Management Level CoC in Deck.
- A native speaker of English or in possession of a valid Academic IELTS certificate at Band 8.0 or
- Management level experience of working on board merchant ships.
- Recognises need for change and proactively seeks to learn and self-develop.
- Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued
- Values human potential and enables growth and skills development.
- Constantly develops own emotional intelligence and advances understanding of multiple
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Strong analytical skills.
In return you will receive:
Basic Salary - £41,262 per annum
Market Premium - £8,472 per annum
Overseas allowance - £10,008 per annum
Pension Allowance - 9% of basic salary + Market Premium
Travel Allowance - 50,900 SAR per annum (paid quarterly) (Current exchange rate equates to £9792 per annum)
For more information or to apply, please email
- Nautical experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'