Senior Desktop Engineer
Rate: £150-£160 per day
Duration: 3 months
Concept are currently recruiting for multiple Senior Desktop Engineers to support a high end customer in London (up to VIP level)
Our client are looking for a self-starter, being able to retain end to end ownership and resolution of calls working within the internal IT support team. You will be responsible for dealing with 2nd line escalated calls from junior service desk members and also be involved with some 3rd line duties where required
Responsibilities of the role -
- Providing 2nd / 3rd line support to internal and external staff over the service desk, remote support applications and deskside
- Supporting mainstream and bespoke applications on Windows 7/10 operating system.
- Administration for Windows 2003/08, XP, Win 7 Exchange, RAS (Secure ID), Internet and Intranet.
- Providing the IT Support Manager with regular accurate information on the status of calls that has been escalated. Ensuring adherence to escalation procedures when dealing with complex system faults. Keeping the IT Support Manager informed of any outstanding issues on a daily basis.
- Monitoring outstanding support requests against customer SLA's, prioritising calls effectively, keeping users up to date with progress and initiating escalation procedures where required.
- Works under own initiative to diagnose and resolve hardware and software faults across all departments.
- Ensures IT computer rooms and storerooms are kept neat and tidy and that all equipment is catalogued according to stock control procedures and the Trusts policies.
The ideal candidate should have an excellent working knowledge with the following -
- Experience dealing with escalated support issues both on a service desk and floor walking
- 2nd Line Support/Troubleshooting of desktops/laptops/servers and associated applications.
- User and desktop account administration e.g. Active Directory.
- Good knowledge of DHCP/DNS/WINS and Active BES server and Blackberry Troubleshooting directory.
Initial 3 - 6 month contract - with a good chance of an extension
Normal working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 based in the clients offices based near central London
If you're interested please contact Luke Hartle ( / )
- 2nd line