Singh & Jones has partnered with a national building envelope contractor who have recently secured some high-profile projects, in addition to a flagship project they have recently commenced. This coupled with their strategic growth plans means, they are looking to bolster their current design team with the addition of a Senior Designer to be based out of their offices in Hampshire. This is a pivotal role for business as they will be the forefront of design functions moving forwards.
Due to the scale of the business, you will find yourself working on major projects ranging from £1,000,000 - £10,000,00. You will be fully involved and engaged on all aspects of the design process.
As the Senior Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage incoming design information from clients, architects and our designers; review acknowledge, record and file drawings, comments and specifications
- Record receipts of several types of design information and distribute to relevant departments of company and design consultants
- Review incoming design from company designers in conjunction with the design manager to ensure compliance with project specification and other statuary technical requirements
- Conduct checks on company drawings and schedules to ensure their compliance with requirements and distribute 3rd party consultants / clients for review and approval
- Ensure timely, full and correct delivery of design information from company designers and consultants to all other departments; record updates, obstacles and delays in design programmes
- Oversee and action day-to-day design queries from designers and other departments of company and action to ensure timely resolving and closing out.
- Collate, check and register pre-design information from company estimating departments and clients to deliver comprehensive design packs for designers
- Prepare weekly project-by-project design progress reports and reflecting task statuses on project design programme
This position is ideal for someone who is perhaps a designer looking to take the next step in their career, or for someone seeking increased job fulfilment. You will have the chance to work on projects featured in the news, and say "I was a part of that" This role is a crucial hire for the business, so do not hesitate to get in touch for more information, even for a confidential exploratory chat.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job