As a Senior Designer, you’ll support the Design Manager and wider team to design and develop comprehensive Mens ranges, working closely with the Buyers and ensuring that the product and ranges reflect the current market and Matalan’s customers.
- Supporting with the management of the team, addressing any issues such as the content of design packs and advising on any technical information required
- Undertake factory visits and attend Trade and Trend shows, providing detailed feedback to the Buying teams
- Regularly complete directional and competitive shopping trips both in the UK and abroad, producing full reports and feedback to the wider business.
- Managing and developing the company ‘key looks’, liaising with suppliers on trends and design details
- Work closely with Retail and Marketing to ensure these ‘looks’ and messages are conveyed to the customer.
- Review design ranges to ensure the 'balance' of the colour palette is continually reflected and will take responsibility for the development of the seasonal colour palettes and colour palette direction.
This role is offered on a temporary contract to cover a period of maternity leave.About You
- Experienced Menswear Designer with a strong proven background working within a retail environment
- Experience of managing a diverse team in a fast paced environment, driving a culture of high performance
- Ability to use InDesign, Adobe CC Illustrator & Photoshop programmes to an advanced level
- Knowledge of the Easyweave programme would be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines, managing a demanding and varied workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate successfully at all levels
- Experience of presenting at an Executive level
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.About Matalan
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job