Our client, one of the world leaders in automotive exterior components is looking for a Senior Design Leader Bumpers to join their team in Staffordshire. You will lead assigned Design leaders (DL) for Bumper Systems within UK projects.
- Drive the assigned DL’s to excellence in term of CTQ (critical to quality) performances
- Accountable to ensure assigned DL’s, adherence to all design engineering tools (A surface analysis, design reviews, deviation from Standards, Tesis, QUAD, tolerance stack ups, CAE analysis, DFMEA, etc…).
- Support training of assigned DL’srecruits to PO standards and procedures.
- Enforce the strict adherence of PO processes and procedures (ie OPTIMAP and KEOPS) as well as the progress plan application.
- Participate in the recruitment process of DL candidate.
- Participate to the strict target reduction of CNQ (cost of non-quality) for all product lines (targets to be agreed yearly with N+1 manager).
- Drive the assigned DL to respond and integrate new customer requirements of all innovations on current & future products.
- Support and development, consistency and retention of key skills and ultimately full autonomy of all DL’s.
- Support N+1 to provide monthly concise but complete reporting to your N+1 manager of key KPI’s such as Design reviews completion and score, CAD maturity level in line with customer timing, key issues status.
- Ensure strict adherence to health & safety procedures and continued safety mind-set (Top Safety).
- Ensure all assigned team member work and activities are achieved according to HSE standards and develop HSE mind-set with his/her team. (Top safety)
- Ensure teams are capitalization on lessons learnt.
- Lead assigned DL’s to support successful programs launces through robust DFM (Design For Manufacture) mind set.
- Contribute to hours and cost reduction by a "right first time" approach (adherence to standards, etc…).
- Ensure adherence to PO standards unless formally agreed with direct line manager. All deviations from standards to be managed by the correct format.
- Promote a "Responsibility" mind set. The DL is responsible for their perimeter and their internal customer the EPM (Engineering Project Manager).
- Support assigned DL’s escalation for CAD related issues to N+1 / Respective CAD team leader.
- Weekly reviews with Assigned DL’s to support / monitor / Coach / escalate as required.
Specific activities :
- Participate alongside the DL Group manager on Bumper product lines to evolve, best practices optimisations with PO central R&D and R&I during specific strategical reviews, workshops, etc…
- Network worldwide with the other DL communities (key user network) in the company in order to optimise and obtain exhaustive lesson learnt feedback and stay up to date with the latest products, technologies break through and change in working methods..
- Support the business with any other technical special investigations linked to punctual define needs.
- Contribute to standards and processes development and improvements to reach R&D and division objectives. Make proposals in continuous improvement process.
- Ability to analyse CAD data - Teamcentre visualisation or 3D Analyser or CATIA V5
- Analytical thinker - practically thinking, 'will this work’
- Bumpers experience (Preferred) - design & industrialisation 75%/25% (Exterior trim and Interior trim will be considered pending experience)
- Process knowledge: injection moulding, tooling, painting, punching, plastic welding.
- Personable with the ability to engage their project team and provoke broader thinking.
- Experience of customer interaction and escalation.
- Coach / Mentor. Able to develop a team to be independent.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years automotive plastic design engineering experience.
- Management Experience preferred.
If you feel you have the required skills, then please get in contact with Mihaela Rebenciuc at Contechs today.
Given the high volume of positions, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.