Foxwood Recruitment have partnered with the largest independent systems integrator in the UK in their search for an exceptional Senior Design Engineer, with the capability to lead technically diverse and challenging projects. This a newly created role, as our client transitions to a model whereby Senior Engineers adopt a degree of project management responsibility and is a great opportunity for an experienced electrical engineer to prove themselves in a firmly established company which operates extensively across the UK and worldwide.
What Are the Key Accountabilities?
- To generate equipment or designs that meet the requirements defined in the Project Technical Specification, whilst ensuring that the commercial implications in terms of time scales and financial constraints are satisfied, or even improved.
- To produce sufficient documentation to enable the equipment or design to be tested, installed and maintained.
- Responsibility for ensuring that any equipment or design complies with the necessary EC directives and incorporates all the safety features considered necessary to protect operators and maintenance personnel from injury.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Assisting the Sales Department where necessary in compiling the technical content of project tenders and quotations as well as verifying that the technology proposed is the most effective for the application in question.
- Ensuring that the contract Technical Specification" correctly reflects what is achievable in terms of the product system and its performance and attending the Design Review meeting to confirm this.
- Ensuring that the safety of personnel operating or maintaining the manufactured equipment is considered foremost within the limits of the design and application of the finished product.
- Selecting the proven design elements from the Engineering Standards necessary to satisfy the application requirements. Where a design element is a new concept or involves new technology, the Design Engineer must ensure that principles and any calculations have been verified by a qualified person.
- Producing and forwarding all contract hardware and software design information to the drawing office, whilst ensuring that all design aspects defined in the contract Technical Specification are adhered to, including any referenced BSI or customer specifications.
- Creating on the MIS the contract Bills of Material, which outlines the constituent parts of the product sufficiently to enable the Purchasing Department to buy the items.
- When necessary, attending site to supervise and assist in commissioning.
- Generating the following contract technical documentation:
- Test Instructions and Result sheets.
- Commissioning Instructions (inclusive of any special safety procedures).
- Non-standard technical sections of the Manual that relate to the hardware and software.
What About Experience and Qualifications?
- A formal engineering qualification (e.g. HNC; HND; Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Instrumentation Engineering or similar discipline).
- Hold or be actively working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- At least 5 years’ application or engineering experience including site and commissioning experience.
- An appreciation experience in computing technology, such as PLC's and PC's.
What Is in It for You?
- Salary: £38K-£42K annual base salary.
- OTE: £45K-£50K dependent on specific project overtime etc.
- Hybrid blend of on-site and remote working.
- Chartered Membership costs covered.
So, there it is! If you’re a Senior Design Engineer looking for your next challenge within a giant of the heavy industry world, it would be great to hear from you. Send us your CV and our team here at Foxwood Recruitment will be in touch!
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Management
- Allen Bradley
- PLC Programming
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'