Lloyd Recruitment Services are pleased to be working with the world’s leading specialist in entrance control solutions. Their mission is to provide innovative entrance control systems and they are now looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their office located near Uckfield and contribute to the overall design and development of product-based software.
The purpose of this role is to work with the Technical Manager and other key stakeholders to develop and implement new NPD projects. You will deliver cost optimised solutions developed in line with the manufacturing and Technical strategy, potentially lead complete NPD projects through phase gate development process and consider the wider business requirements for efficiency and costs when developing products.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer:
- Manage mechanical design aspects of new product development projects through the full cycle from specification to launch
- Design and develop new products in line with project objectives
- Design using Solidworks
- Ensure mechanical design aspects of projects meet all KPI’s
- Identify and evaluate new innovative solutions for technology developments
- Evaluate and minimize risk utilizing FMEA’s or other methodologies as appropriate
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates at the outset of new projects
- Follow company development procedures ensuring full documentation is completed for all projects
- To work within the Company’s ISO Standards and procedures
- To work within budgetary constraints, in a cost effective, diligent, organised and professional manner
- Other duties as required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience
- At least 10 years’ experience working in multifunctional engineering teams across a number of industries
Excellent knowledge of:
- Design for Fabrication, Machining, Welding processes
- Design for Moulding, Vacuum Forming, Casting, Extrusion
- Design for Assembly in a flow line / lean manufacturing environment
- Project Management in an NPD environment
- DFM, DFMEA, Verification and validation testing
- Mechatronics development
Some knowledge/experience of:
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Product development Phase Gate process
What’s in it for you:
Salary of £40k - £50k DOE plus excellent benefits such as 25 days holiday, pension up to 5% matched by company, employee discounts via online platform (gym, fashion/sports, supermarkets, food & drink, cinema, music & games, etc.) and free car parking. They are a growing business with a great company culture and work place.
- Control Systems
- Development Projects
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'