Adecco are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Component Engineer.
Based on the outskirts of Swansea - Driving licence essential as this job will include occasional travel between multi sites.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in interior plastic trim component design and supply chain management.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES:
- For new developments, provide to the purchasing team, the necessary technical elements to proceed with quotation requests and participate in the selection of the expert supplier.
- Organise & lead technical meetings, design reviews and mock ups with the customers, suppliers and internally during development & mass production, in line with technical, planning and quality, requirements.
- Travel regularly to customer and supplier sites and occasionally to the different sites of the group to support management of component development, design changes feasibility, costs & planning.
- Analyse risks and put in place the related action plans and validation plans.
- Drive the suppliers to update the related customer drawings, user manuals & PSW documents. Use of 2D/3D design tools occasionally required to support this feedback.
- Obtain the customer homologation of the component.
- Know the customer specifications and analyse pro-actively the impact of any changes.
- Monitor technology evolution; identify VAVE and/or inter-project synergies.
- Provide technical support to internal and customer teams.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Safe and Ethical Working including respect of confidentiality
- Technical Capability
- Customer and Commercial Focus
"JOB RELATED" COMPETENCIES:
- Personal Organisation
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Attention to detail
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today by submitting your CV.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser
- Design Engineer
- Component Engineer