Senior Design Engineer
Job Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday; 37.5 hours per week with a half day on Fridays
A leading manufacturing company based in Poole has undergone significant system & business changes and is now seeking to expand its Design Team by recruiting an individual into the business that can lead and supervise their Design department.
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the design of customer and new products to take into production.
These products are electro mechanical and can be of multiple batch units to high volume production.
Some of your duties will include:
- Be the technical lead for high volume key customer accounts.
- Project Manage new projects from Customer Spec through to production.
- Optimise existing high volume products focusing on Design for Manufacture, reduced material cost and improved performance.
- Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognised engineering standards.
- Detail drawings and BoMs.
- To collaborate fully with Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and the Project Manager on new product launches.
- Investigating and approving Concessions & 1st offs.
- Raise Design Change Requests to help drive engineering change through the company.
- Bill of Material Validation - Inspecting, highlighting, investigating and correcting anomalies in Product BoM’s.
- Undertake and record calculations on studies to validate the design.
- Work seamlessly with Application Engineer to develop and produce prototypes.
- Coordinating with the Test Department to specify and create test equipment.
- Some domestic and foreign travel will be required within this role.
To undertake this role we believe that this position requires the following key skills and attributes:
- Previous experience within a Design Engineering role.
- Broad knowledge and expertise of Engineering.
- Experience of assembly techniques and machining capabilities.
- Knowledge of modern design, development techniques and best practice.
- Excellent communication, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to produce work consistently to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and busy workload.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- A creative approach for generating new ideas.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electro mechanical field
- Experience using Solidworks & Solidworks EPDM (EPDM Training available)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5pm with an earlier finish on a Friday.
This position is based centrally so easily reachable by public transport. For those driving then there is plenty of staff parking onsite
If you interested in this vacancy please contact our Recruitment team or email your CV in the first instance.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Keywords: Mechanical Design, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering