Senior Design Engineer - Piling - UK
Our client is a market leading ground engineering contractor based who operate nationally, specialising in many different ground engineering solutions from domestic to industrial projects. They have just won a substantial amount of large projects across the UK and are therefore looking for a senior design engineer to work out of their office in the North West.
About the role
- Prepare robust yet competitive designs in accordance with Works Procedures. Designs to cover bearing piles and retaining walls (secant/contiguous/diaphragm walls), and use all techniques (CFA, rotary, minipile).
- Provide technical and design support to all departments. This will require both the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team depending on the project.
- Attend external meetings with Clients as part of tendering teams.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the design process within the department.
- Keep up to date with current technological and design developments through Continuing Personal Development.
- Mentoring students and graduate designers.
- Support Chief Engineer in maintaining assurance levels through ensuring internal procedures are followed, and involvement in internal and external audits
About the candidate
- Preferably 7 years or more direct experience in the design and construction of deep foundations as a design engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in written form both internally and externally.
- Detailed working knowledge of the latest geotechnical and structural design methods and design codes along with their application in the design of piles and embedded retaining walls.
- Good knowledge of software packages such as WALLAP, Oasys suite (Adsec, Adcol).
- Ability with Finite Element software not required but would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of construction processes, methods and site practices.
- Understanding of designer’s role and responsibilities under current legislation.
- Ability to identify, assess and highlight technical and commercial risks.
Point of appeal
- Working for one of the largest ground engineering contractors in the world
- Full benefit package
- Low staff turnover
- Progression within the role
- ground engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"