Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a dynamic, global market leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- 10% bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to company products.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing and follow group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design; mining, aggregates or crushing equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro-E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design, with working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken, with good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'