Our client is looking for a dynamic Senior Design and Development Engineer to join their plant based in Liverpool. The ideal candidate will have excellent hands-on skills from the Automotive industry, with a can-do attitude and be willing to work as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The company is a cutting edge car parts manufacturer with large growth plans, meaning this is an excellent time to join this ambitious company, its growth is phenomenal and the candidate must want to be part of an organisation that is aiming to be a major, world class Tier 1 manufacturer within the next five years.
This role is responsible for the design and development function of the business. They will lead and develop the design engineers to ensure that designs meet the relevant statutory, legal, customer and safety requirements.
- Product design and validation following the AIAG APQP process.
- Creating, approving and maintaining product specifications for manufacturing stages and final product
- Creating, approving and maintaining product drawings and relevant document control, eg. Part code index, revisions, change control etc.
- Creating, approving and maintaining product specifications within process.
- Creating, approving and maintaining design FMEA’s for products
- Creating, approving and product validation plan.
- Creating and approving product end-user instructions
- Approval of product validation testing.
- Defining and assisting the manufacturing team in manufacture process for products.
- Regular product audits
- Product research and development
- Supplier validation for new products or suppliers
- Collation of PPAP documentation
- A good bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering subject.
- Automotive OEM, tier 1 or tier 2 supplier experience essential.
- Skilled in working within APQP framework with PPAP, PSW submission.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to carry out design calculations from first principles
- Logical thinker
- Ability to plan own work and deliver against deadlines
- Takes initiative
- Excellent communicator across all levels of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft products a must - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in PTC Creo design software
Salary dependant on experience £38-47k
25 days holiday
Monday - Friday 8am till 5pm (some flexibility given)