Summary of role
To assist with the successful delivery of investment changes across all TAS clients.
Take the lead for assigned projects which include
- Additional manager / funds being added to existing schemes
- Standard default switches moving in line with straight forward 1 to 1 mapping rules
- Lifestyle changes which result in phase rebalances across many funds / managers
- Fund closures which allow for member choice and default mapping
- Combination of fund closures & lifestyle changes with or without member choice
- Scheme wind up exercises
- Bulk transfer in exercises
- Scheme mergers
- New installs
- STP implementations
Assist with the preparation and implementation of bulk switch and transition exercises for our DC clients
Attend internal & external transition meetings when required with the investment consultants, investment managers and/or the client to agree the transition approach & timings
To have a detailed understanding of the WTW dealing system capabilities and be able to identify the options available to achieve the client expectations but without exposing Willis Towers Watson to any risk
To work closely with the Dealing & Interface team to ensure that any transitions do not adversely affect the contribution investments and that dealing is suspended at the agreed times
Ensue all work is carried out in accordance with best practise guidelines and assist with the external & internal audit checks on any DC projects
It is expected that you will be highly numerate, have strong organisational and communication skills.
Candidates that have worked in an investment environment with a solid background in asset transitions would be desirable in this role.
From a business perspective you will promote best practices and new ideas within the DC Project team on a written or verbal basis.
You will be expected to address client needs with a business focus that helps maintain profitability and quality throughout the team’s projects. You will be able to self-motivate to meet hard deadlines on multiple client projects within a fast moving environment.
Develop and manage relationships with third party investment management firms and our key contacts
Work with the WTW Investment Consultants on projects relating to DC scheme design, investment structure and implementation of cross business projects
Provide pricing and budget forecasts to the Project lead on work carried out within the team on transition exercises
Act as specialist knowledge expert on DC transition activity and development of internal control procedures
Support business development through attending new client presentations.
Ensure work is carried out in accordance with:
- Practice guidelines.
- Documented operating procedures.
- Quality standards.
- Performance / Service standards.
Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy.
Build and maintain technical, procedures and client specific dealing knowledge through experience.
Challenge procedures to identify process improvements and pass on recommendations to Administration Manager.
- Attend client meetings to present WTW TAS DC services and act as lead contact on assigned transition and investment project activity
- Attend Internal and external (client facing) meetings and discussions to promote the WTW service
- Attend client discussions / meetings to obtain buy-in and agreement to the successful delivery of any assigned investment change projects
- Assist with the production of client facing reports, requirement summaries and timelines to manage the risks associated with asset transitions.
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- Specification and development of reports and tools which will assist with managing the risks associated with asset transitions.
- Managing assigned investment change and new install projects to completion.
- Post project reporting and data analysis to show successful delivery of the project.
- Liaison with other TAS teams (administration, systems and client management) to ensure successful delivery of any investment project activity.
- Update Head of Operations on a regular basis, or as necessary, of all current work issues and review, on a monthly basis, all aspects of their role.
- Scoping assigned investment related projects to include resource requirements, project planning, pricing and delivery of the activities assigned to the DC Project team.
- Ensure that expenses and time-sheets are submitted in a timely fashion
- Display good time management skills and demonstrate ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
Demonstrate commitment by ensuring that targets and deadlines are met recognising that at times additional hours may be required.
- Experience of dealing with DC occupational pension schemes
- Good understanding of DC Investments gained through experience of asset transitions including lifestyle changes and new client installs.
- Experience of working on projects and demonstrable project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge on DC investment processing
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication and ability to present to internal and external audiences
- Strong time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy in very tight deadlines
- Computer literate
- Advanced IT skills, particularly at an Excel Macro User Level
- Lead and provide specialist knowledge on pensions technical and legislative requirements
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'