Senior DBA, Nottingham, £45,000 - £55,000
My client are a very large and prestigious organisation in the heart of Nottingham. They are seeking a Senior Database Administrator to lead a small team of DBA's. The organisation use SQL and Oracle databases, so you need to be a good all rounder in regards to databases.
The responsibilities of the Senior DBA will include:
- Advise and lead how to best use the clients Oracle and SQL database environment supporting a number of core corporate applications.
- Design and deploy data services & solutions through full development life cycle and in accordance to force best practices and standards.
- Assist legacy data migration and integration towards force shared data warehouse, BI and new data services requirements.
- Mentoring DBA's and resolving database issues in accordance to ITIL practices
The successful Senior DBA will benefit from knowledge of the following:
- SQL (2005, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 (NCH), 2016)
- Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- Extensive knowledge of the Oracle and SQL Server toolsets
- Toad, Spotlight, Red gate, Solar winds, Citrix, Erwin, Jira, Assyst, PVCS, SharePoint)
- Good SQL & PL/SQL and T-SQL knowledge and good to have PowerShell
- Performance Tuning expertise on both Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Good knowledge and working experience of RMAN
- Thorough understanding of High Availability and DR including working experience of Oracle Data guard and SQL Server availability groups (ALWAYS ON)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good Working knowledge of Virtualisation.
- Extensive industry experience that includes serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration, maintenance, mentoring DBA's and project coordination
- Five years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments in both MSSQL and Oracle
- Oracle or SQL Server certification or equivalent experience & knowledge.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).