Juliette Lister and Lisa Tremlett are currently assisting a TPA who are presently recruiting for a Senior DB Pensions Consultant who can be based in London or Glasgow.
Primary purpose of the role: To work as part of a team managing and advising a portfolio of corporate and trustee clients. The role requires a level of expertise in at least one area. Excellent pensions knowledge and client management skills are prerequisites.
- Pitches for new business by conducting competitive market reviews and presenting to clients
- Chairs strategy and client development meetings
- Leads and peer reviews advice on strategic or major issues that could result in substantial risk
- Responsible for the delivery of high risk/value client projects
- Develops and agrees strategic plans to implement new benefits, de-risking or major change programmes for clients
- Work as part of a team to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to support clients
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with all clients at key decision-maker level
- Undertakes all client and internal meetings on time and to a high standard of professionalism and creativity
- Ensure that client accounts are run in accordance with an appropriate corporate client agreement
- Works as part of a team ensuring effective communication between clients and the client servicing teams
- Maintains a client focus and concern for quality, which manifests itself in a high degree of client satisfaction and client/business retention.
- Represent at industry events and forums, undertaking speaking opportunities wherever relevant and possible
- Acts as a role model for consultants in the way they perform their responsibilities and as an ambassador for the Practice
- Produces tender documents
- Seeks new business opportunities in a consultative style
- Manages escalated client queries and dispute claims in a timely manner
- Able to effectively communicate complex and technical issues at board director level, constructing business case/risk analysis where appropriate
- Produces timely and accurate advice, written to a high standard and in accordance with brand guidelines
- Readily assists the wider team in achieving its objectives
- Leads the development of cross-practice opportunities and capability personally and on behalf of the Practice
- Leads the development of advice, capability and people within the specialist area of Consulting Solutions
- Reviews budget
- Management of Errors and Omissions
- Achieves client chargeable billable hours target as agreed.
- Adhere to and contribute to budget setting and project cost monitoring
- Leads sales targets and creates and builds network to identify opportunities
- Carries out research, development and special project work as agreed by managers and to deliver outputs within agreed timescales;
- Cultivates a culture of compliance and risk awareness focusing on the principles
- Actively participates in the Company performance management process. Agrees personal objectives and goals with managers and make every effort to satisfy these objectives within the specified time frames.
- Commits to equal treatment of all staff/colleagues and treat everyone fairly.
- Engages with Group brand values.
- Adhere to the requirements set out in the Professional Standards Scheme
Industry specific knowledge and experience
Detailed level and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, pensions and FCA requirements
Complies with Professional CPD requirements, actively participates in internal and external knowledge sharing in these areas.
Analytical and problem solving skills
Able to investigate data, information or problems, and draw out the salient points and recommend a course of action.
Client relationship skills
Ability to foster strong relations with multiple points of contacts
Can manage expectations in terms of costs and timing of delivery.
Being seen as a trusted and respected advisor as demonstrated by client feedback.
Track record of client retention.
Ability to influence and change pricing, scope and timing of delivery of services in order to achieve terms satisfactory to both clients and the Company
Able to agree objectives and delivery terms internally when competing with other client team for resources.
This is a Profile Search and Selection vacancy who are operating as an Employment Agency.In order to apply for this position candidates MUST have PENSIONS CLIENT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE. Please note as we receive a high volume of applications we are only able to respond to those candidates who are shortlisted.
This role would be suited to any of the following;
- Pensions Consultant
- Pensions Client Manager
- Pensions Client Delivery Manager
- DB Pensions Consultant
If you are also aware of any friends or colleagues currently working within the industry who are looking for a change within their career, please pass on our contact details and we will endeavour to assist with their search.
Profile Search and Selection are a specialist Pensions and Financial Services recruitment agency with opportunities nationwide - Please feel free to contact us direct should you wish to discuss any further vacancies
- Pensions Consultant
- DB Consultant
- Pensions Client Manager