Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
An expert in relational database technologies responsible for the installation, deployment, alerting, monitoring and 24/7 operation of production systems. The Database Engineers work closely with DevOps Engineers to deploy reliable systems with the extensive use of automation in order to provide 'database as a service’ to multiple delivery teams in development, test and production environments. A key part of the role will be to support database related activities as part of the strategic programme involving the migration to a new E-Commerce Platform built around IBM Websphere and Oracle.
As a senior member of the team you will be proactive in leading technical direction, engage directly with senior stakeholders and promote the tools and services provided by Engineering Services to the wider IT team through showcases and workshops. You will act as a mentor for members of your team as well as developers from other teams and be proactive in defining and promoting best practices.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work.
- Continually improving the tools and methods related to databases operations.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with technical staff in other teams.
- Maintenance of automation code related to databases.
- Ensuring high availability of database systems.
- Creation of and ability to implement data recovery to a high standard.
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Participating in an out of hours on call rota.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable people and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with an ongoing interest in technology.
- Ability to empathise and listen to problems.
- Able to explain technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Willing and able to work in as part of a team.
- Required Database technologies: MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle
- Must have experience with replication - configuration, troubleshooting etc.
- Useful: Mongo, Tungsten, AWS RDS.
- Experience with automation software, preferably Puppet. Ansible/Salt an advantage.
- Use of SCM tools (Git) and experience with change management. methodologies or concepts.
- Experience with Linux based system administration and tools.
- Competent with Bash scripting.
- Programming experience, at least one of : Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Familiar with monitoring and alerting technologies and concepts.
- Virtual server administration (VMWare, AWS).
- Experience with 'Agile’ workflow methodologies.
- Documentation skills.
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Location: London, W12
To Apply: Via website
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.
With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and nine distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES "powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP" for luxury companies who want to directly connect with their online customers.
The Group reaches more than 2 million high-spending customers and 24 million unique visitors through its unique combination of six multi-brand ecommerce sites, 39 Online Flagship Stores, 5 publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit ynap.com