Senior Data Scientist
The Data and Artificial Intelligence Team, shortlisted for the ‘Best Analytics Team’ DataIQ Award 2019, is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Our team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses.Our ethos is simple, provide the scope, resource and autonomy for talented people to allow them to do what they do best - create amazing analysis, data products and services. We’re looking for talented PhD. Data Scientists to join our growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers. People who are innovative problem solvers, are comfortable working both independently and within a team, willing to take on a high level of ownership and who relish a big challenge.Successful candidates will have a PhD. with a strong analytics element, bring technical and investigative abilities and a passion for delivering results for customers - internal and external. So, if you are passionate about working with data to solve business problems and excited by the idea of joining a trend-setting analytical team, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You can expect to be involved in the following:
• Leading the development of innovative scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems through use of analytical techniques, machine learning and deep learning
• Collaborating on commercially focused projects with colleagues from data engineering, insights and business backgrounds
• Designing, developing and delivering world-class algorithms and predictive models, leveraging statistical, machine learning and AI methods
• Visualisation and communication of actionable insights and making commercial recommendations to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
• Coaching more junior Data Scientists and provide inspiration, support and technical guidance for the wider team
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for individuals who combine independent thinking with problem-solving skills, work well in a team and have a flexible and agile approach to work. Some opportunities are available which require GIS specific expertise.Skills and Experience
Basic Qualifications: Common across all our previously successful candidates;
• PhD degree or on path to getting a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computational or Decision Sciences, or a related quantitative field
• Experience structuring business questions as analytics problems and using available data, quantitative modeling and statistical analysis techniques to develop a scalable solution
• Proficient in at least one general purpose programming language like Python, R, C etc.
• Proficiency in using SQL
• Knowledge of working with cloud platforms and tools, particularly Microsoft Azure - Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.
• Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe/Caffe2, Gluon, Keras, or similar
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail
Desirable Qualifications: Previously successful candidates have matched one or more of the below;• Demonstrable record of delivering results in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Dealing well with ambiguity and an expertise in prioritisation of needs
• Expertise in working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured, using a range of data mining techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarisation
• Expertise in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, neural networks & deep learning, natural language processing, ensembling
A bit about the team:
The Data & AI Team, shortlisted for the ‘Best Analytics Team’ DataIQ Award 2019, is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Our team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses.Our ethos is simple, provide the scope, resource and autonomy for talented people to allow them to do what they do best - create amazing analysis, data products and services. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to join our growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers. People who are innovative problem solvers, are comfortable working both independently and within a team, willing to take on a high level of ownership and who relish a big challenge.Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact .Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'