My Client is a multinational financial services provider, where data and technology take centre stage in delivering their market-leading products. They are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their expanding Advanced Analytics team.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have a passion for data science and will be eager to drive forward the use of machine learning and advanced analytics. You will lead a small team of data scientists to develop machine learning models, using a variety of cutting-edge techniques.
You will have responsibility for one of the key business areas and will work closely with the relevant stakeholders throughout the process, from generating ideas to implementation and model results.
Be an advocate for advanced analytics and drive forward the use of machine learning by identifying new opportunities to develop and apply advanced analytical techniques
Lead a small team of highly technical modelling specialists and ensure they are encouraged and supported to their full potential
Develop, analyse and oversee the implementation of advanced statistical and machine learning models.
Creation of meaningful datasets for modelling and analysis from a vast quantity of data in multiple formats.
Work with Subject Matter Experts and Senior Managers to understand and solve problems by asking the right questions and delivering appropriate solutions.
Remain up to date with trends and developments in technology and methods in the data science community.
You will be an inquisitive and focussed individual, keen to make an impact using innovative analytic methods. You must have significant experience in machine learning or statistics and be ready to expand your skills as the field progresses. You should be comfortable in a culture where decision making is evidenced-based and reliant on rigorous analysis.
You are self-motivated and able to work independently, able to work well in a team and capable of delivering to agreed timelines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Desirable skills and experience
- 4+ years’ experience working in Data Science or a relevant field.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical field.
- Commercial experience using supervised learning techniques such as decision trees, GLMs, random forests or gradient boosted ensembles.
- Proficient in relevant tools such as R, Python, SparkML, SAS, etc.
- Adept in the extraction of both structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
- Exceptional numerical ability and creative thinker / problem solver
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences and a desire to work within a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to confidently challenge business leaders using simple and compelling language.
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities to innovate.
What you’ll get in return
- Salary - £45,000 - £80,000 DOE
- Gym Membership
- Product Discounts
- Life Assurance
- And so much more….
If this role would be of interest please press apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job