Our client are a fast growing digital business.
Due to continue growth they now require a Senior Data Scientist to join the team.
As a data scientist, you will:
- Inspire and lead the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of the organisation.
- Identify opportunities for how advanced technologies in the data science and machine learning space can benefit existing and future projects.
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
- Build statistical models, ensuring these are robustly and elegantly integrated into existing processes and applications.
- Be passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and able to communicate that passion effectively to product owners and business intelligence engineers.
- Carry out hypothesis testing: being able to develop hypothesis and test them with appropriate methodologies.
- Be able to present complex technical concepts and ideas to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Extend the company's data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis where necessary.
The Data Scientist must have credible knowledge of the issues facing the business on a day-to-day basis and in the longer term.
They should be able to develop their own solutions and be entrepreneurial in their approach whilst maintaining the Company’s professional image. They need to be able to provide clear communications between all parts of the business and will be forward looking in anticipating future challenges and opportunities and respond to these with effective planning.
- You will have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine learning techniques including regression, classification, neural networks and clustering.
- Data presentation and visualisation for commercial audience.
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL databases, data visualization technologies and cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Graduate (ideally MSc or PhD) in a Quantitative degree (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research etc)
- Commercial experience in analysing big data for insights.
- Passion for solving challenging problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent team work across all departments. He or she will be responsible for developing key relationships; in particular, the Directors, Heads of Departments, data and technical teams
- The post-holder may be called upon to provide analytical support to other parts of the business. Movement between areas may take place at appropriate intervals in accordance with professional development and business needs.
- A Team Player
- Self-aware and approachable
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Constantly seek out opportunities for self-development
- Willingness to share knowledge
- Ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Highly competent with planning and organisation
- Passionate, spontaneous, and responsive
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet key deadlines
- Results focused, understanding what is important to the business and the customer
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional approach and attitude
- Confident and proactive
- Flexible/Adaptable to change
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.
- Data Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- data scientist
- data engineering